Friday, June 21, 2013

Fwd: Life at Sea


Hi everyone! I am starting to get into a nice routine here on the MV Explorer. I am taking three classes so I am pretty busy throughout the day. I am usually getting up with my roommate around 7:15am every morning and we go to breakfast and then to work out. The cardio room on the ship is SUPER small so everyone has to go sign up for the equipment the night before around 5pm. You are only allowed to stay on a machine for 30 minutes, but this works out for me because I have a class at 9:20am. After class I usually hang out on deck for a little bit and then I go down to read with my reading buddy at 11am. There are several kids of faculty members on board so I signed up to do a bunch of activities with them. My reading buddy is named Hannah and she is going into Kindergarten in the fall.

After reading with Hannah I grab some lunch and then I go to class at 12:30pm. After class i will usually just do homework in one of the lounges and then I have my third class at 3:20.

My day after that is usually up in the air. My roommate Julia and I have been spending a lot of time together. So we will either do some studying or do one of the activities the ship offers. Within the next few days we have meetings about being safe in Morocco and the other countries we are traveling to.

We will be docked in Morocco for 4 days and I am busy all 4 of these days. The first day I will be going on a Field Lab with one of my classes. Every class has one Field Lab in one of the countries, so my class will be going to a lecture and to get a tour of the city of Rabat. The next day I am jumping on a train with a few other people from the ship to go to Marrakech to stay in a hostel for the night and ride a camel. I will travel back to the ship on the 3rd day and on the 4th day I am going on a service visit. We are going to a local village to do some gardening and painting work. I am really looking forward to this visit because it gives me a chance to interact with the locals and hopefully hang out with some of the kids too!!!

Well that is all for now. I will report back after Morocco with a lot of stories for you!!

Love,
Kelly





1 comment:

  1. OMG Kel!! This sounds amazing already I really hope your having a blast and not too home sick lol. While reading these post I have the biggest smile on my face because I know how much this means to you and I am so happy you are following your dreams! Cant wait to read more, Love you bunches :)

    ReplyDelete